Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter (take out the s-er)

Easter is for eat! After 50 days of lent I was ready to gorge (okay, I actually didn't observe lent this year, but I did go to church four times during lent!). There of course was the obligatory Easter candy replete with every variety of Cadbury egg...Yum! For dinner we made lamb chops with a savory thyme-mustard gravy (that I wanted to roll in), asparagus with fresh Parmesan shavings and a sweet pea salad. Finally I made shortcake from scratch, homemade whipped cream with dollops of honey and vanilla, and a mash of strawberries. Holy moses, this was definitely not a day of solemn reverence, but it all tasted so fabulous and finally put me in the mood for spring. And tomorrow B will be here so we are going to have to make our damn finest Celiac meal (and maybe hide all the candy, so as not to tempt her evil no-wheat-processing belly.)

4 comments:

JC said...

of course i was referring to you, miss bladder-the-size-of-a-pea! but then again, i am the same way (notice how i never buy food / drinks at movies?)
yes, it was quite gory. i just still can't believe the relentless and heartless sociopath got away at the end. where's the sense of justice?

Kristen Ameel said...

Yeah, I think that was sort of the whole point how maybe we like to believe in justice, but perhaps it is all a bit more random than that.

Thanks for that great quote referring to me and my mosquito bladder. I jokingly told my parents that I want a bladder enlargement for graduation. Totally kidding!!!

Kenna said...

Hello! I just wanted to say hi! I haven't seen you in ages. What is new? I think the world of you and wish you all the best! Much love!

Kristen Ameel said...

Hey Kenna! OMG--I am so glad that you wrote on my blog. I didn't even know that you had a blog, but that is perfect because now I can keep up with what is going on in your world. Thanks so much for checking in! I am just finishing up with school and will be applying for med school in the summer. I hope that you are doing well and I miss you!