Sunday, March 9, 2008

10 best of SF




In homage to Mike receiving the Jones lecturer position at Stanford, here are my 10 favorite things about San Francisco. (I was secretly praying that M would get the job so I could visit them for two more years. Yippee! Now all they need is a house in the Presidio and a greyhound).

1. Seeing Britta and Mike, of course
2. Farmers' Market on Saturday
3. Blue Bottle iced coffee, the best non-alcoholic drink in the city
4. Reading on a sunny patch of grass in the Park
5. Dolphin watching off the Golden Gate bridge
6. Cheese pizza at Escape from New York. Hands down, the best pizza I have ever eaten.
7. Pain au chocolate at Tartine.
8. Vegetarian burrito at Cancun, made all the more interesting by trying to eat while homeless people stare at you.
9. Feeling not like a tourist when I am with M and B.
10. Pain de mie from Acme with smears of lemon marmalade and fresh butter. That is actually where the name for this blog came from!

3 comments:

JC said...

i like the new look, this template has always been one of my favorites!
k, we totally have to plan a summer trip now!!!

Kristen Ameel said...

Definitely! We are going to eat our way through San Francisco!!! Thanks again for inviting me yesterday it was just bad timing.

Britta said...

Girls: you have no idea what else I can show you--notice how I'm plumper than before I lived here?! It's all from the food (and drink!). Woot. Let's drink wine in the park this summer.