Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Missing Sweden

The foggy, cold, damp snowstorm yesterday made me start missing Sweden, with its everpresent snow and all of its challenges. I miss putting on three layers of socks every morning (and sometime sleeping in them too), putting on bulky H&M sweaters, wrapping a scarf around my neck, slipping on a warm hat, bundling up in my full-length down coat, and squeezing into my boots (and all of this was just to get to the laundry room!). I forgot how invigorating it is just to survive everyday in that kind of harsh environment and how rewarding it is to enjoy a warm cup of kaffe (and maybe some Milka) after braving the bitter cold of outdoors.
I wish we had more weather-challenged days like that here....

1 comments:

JC said...

good ol' sverige...
hey, it's about time you posted again!
and yes, salted almonds are de-lish :)