Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wuthering Heights Day

Today is my first post. Obviously, eh?

Well, I was just sitting here at my computer reading through everyone else's blog and realized that DAMN! I want to start a blog too. I don't know how frequently I am going to write nor do I really care if anyone reads it or not. But how cool is that you can have your own blog!?

First things first: I am digging the weather today. It is around 40 degrees (farenheit!), dark voluminous clouds blanketing the sky, windy, drizzles, and the occasional downpour. AAHHH!!! Ever since I read "Wuthering Heights" in high school and simultaneously fell in love with Heathcliff, I have referred to these kinds of days as Wuthering Heights-days. You can just feel the blustery wind and rain beating down on Heathcliff as he walked across the English moors. Okay, that is enough insight into my love affair with Bronte and Austen characters!

Some exciting news::: Last night a beautiful grey baby was presented to me. Yes, she weighs more than a ton and instead of skin and bones she is steel (or whatever a car is made out of!). After 6 months, read that again....6 months! of car shopping my parents finally gave in and bought me a new-to-me used car. I had never even driven her as I was in San Francisco when my parents found her. I was shaking and speechless when I put the fancy new key into the ignition and made the three clicks to start the car. I kept on shaking, but the words finally found their way out as I continued to drive along. I will admit I was driving like a granny not wanting to hurt the car and not used to having such a fine piece of engineering under my hands. After driving her for 10 minutes I decided her name was Greta. Now I first of all realize that it is weird to name your car. But I also realize I should have given her a Swedish name as she is a Volvo. But unfortunately a German Greta just fits her. I also know one of B's dearest friend was named Greta, so it is a little weird, hope you don't mind B.

Anyways, I will continue enjoying my Wuthering Heights day and maybe take Greta out for a new spin. Hope everyone enjoys their day, too.

1 comments:

JC said...

yay, welcome to the blogging world!!! i love it when my friends cave in. now we can mutually stalk each other via the world web :)