Sunday, September 7, 2008

Changes

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't like change. When I was little, too much change would give me stomachaches. So this in-between phase in my life right now was/is a little hard to settle in to. I am working full time (at a hospital and El Jasmino) and not taking any classes. I haven't gone more than three months without taking a class for the past 17 years!!! It is just crazy to not have that normalcy, that safe cocoon, that constant in my life anymore, but I can say so far that I haven't missed it as much as I thought that I would. I now have more time to focus on med school applications, focus on cooking and eating well, reading books I've meant to read for years, and indulge in Top Chef marathons (3 hours in front of the tv today..sweet!). So now I am off to make some dinner, drink some wine, and enjoy the fall weather.

2 comments:

JC said...

i am uber uber envious. i wish i had time to do all that, it sounds lovely (ok, i guess i can't complain too much seeing how i just got a 3 month break). my point is, not being a student is great!

Britta said...

yea, you deserve it, sis. take it easy.